While I am not on the chopping block yet, I know MANY people who are. And I'm worried for them. I'm afraid what is going to happen to our children's education when teacher's jobs are cut. See, it's not the suits in DC who will be crying when they can't pay their bills, and when their kids can't go to their private schools. Me? I believe our system is broken. It's catering to big corporations and big banks, with lobbyists deciding what issues are most important to the monied individuals. Republican or Democrat, Green Party or Independent, it doesn't matter anymore. It doesn't matter who you voted for in November, because the truth is; they're going to screw us all. None of the suits has the Everyday Working Joes and Janes interests at heart. Not a single one.
Is there a fix? Is there a way out? I honestly don't see one. The situation is so complex, and the system is so broken that I can't see how fixing any one part is going to help us all. It might be better to throw the whole government out and start over. I'm not an anarchist. I'm not a monarchist. I don't think I'm a socialist, a communist, a Marxist, a fascist, or a feudalist! I just think our elected officials can do a better job for the little people. We are the worker bees who drive your buses, teach your children, defend your borders, or...answer your 9-1-1 calls. It's not too much to ask to have enough to eat, clean air to breathe, and roofs over our heads. We are here, day in/day out, not asking for a handout or special treatment. We just want to do our jobs, earn our keep, raise our families, and die as very old people in our beds surrounded by our loved ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment